What is a New Year’s resolution for you? It’s to do list for the first month of the year!
It’s a new year! A new year to be happy and to do all the things I want to do. To be successful. The big question is what am I going to do to make this year the best year of my life? Every year we make a new year’s resolution to overcome bad habits and change ourselves for a better life. We are very enthusiastic about making these resolutions, but by the end of January we already forgot about them. We give up easily they were impossible goals to achieve, right?
It would be great if we make good resolutions every day and we achieve them. That would be easier than making big resolutions every new year. A new year brings new hopes and opportunities to have a better life. That is what we want to believe, but we continue to live the same way. We have the same bad habits. Our negative attitude doesn’t change. We complain every day about everything. We blame the government, the bad economy, our boss and anybody else around us for the life we have. Every day, we continue to convince ourselves that life is difficult and we are here to live it this way.
Life is easy and we are here to be happy!
Your first Resolution for the New Year is to be happy every day of your life! Ask yourself every morning when you wake up: How can I make this day the happiest day of my life? And do what you need to do! Every day is an opportunity to be happy; to love yourself and others; to do your best in everything you do; to give everything you have; to smile and make somebody else happy; to be grateful for everything you have and want; to help others, and the list continues. Life rewards you and always returns exactly what you give. Be sure to give only good things to yourself and others if you want your life to change for the better.
Are you ready to set up your goals for the new year? Before you make your new year’s resolution it is important to answer some questions: Did you achieve your resolutions for the last year? If not, what happened? Were they too complicated to achieve? Do you think last year was a good year for you? Why (not)? What would you have done differently? After you answer these questions, you can start with the next one: What do I really want for this year? Maybe you know your life’s mission and you think it is time to start making it happen. So, what is your first step to accomplish your mission?
It is very important to know what you really want (your mission) for your life. If you are not sure what you want, how can you make it happen? Ask, and it will be given to you (Luke 11:9-10)but if you don’t know what you want, how can you get what you want? You could find your mission answering these questions: What do you really enjoy doing? What are your talents or what are you good at? How can you make it profitable? If you knew you could not fail, what would you do with your life? When you find your mission and know what exactly you want for your life, it is easy to make your life’s resolution. What would be better is if you split your life’s resolution into year-month-week-day resolutions to make it all happen.
Of course, to accomplish your life’s resolution you may need to achieve personal, health, family, business/work goals in a short time. Here are some important points to consider when you write your New Year’s Resolution:
- Know what you really want to accomplish for this year in every aspect of your life: personal, family, health, money, work, etc.
- Be realistic by writing only achievable goals. If you want to be a millionaire, maybe you can start your own business and make your first million this year, so your goal for this year would be to start your own business.
- Be positive in every resolution you write. Instead of writing, I don’t want to be in the same job, write, I am finding a very good and enjoyable job for me. Use your positive affirmations!
- Specify the exact time you want to achieve your goals. I am finding a very good job by February 10, 2023. Split big goals into smaller ones. Do little things every day to accomplish your goal.
- My professional resume is ready by January 4, 2023.
- I am researching companies where I want to work and I am sending three to five resumes out every day, until I get three potential interviews.
- I do at least one thing to prepare myself for my interviews every day.
- Visualize the results, the life you want to live. If you want to get the job of your dreams this year, start to interview yourself in your mind. Play your own movie of you having success, exactly as you want to be. You can write your own script too, with as much detail as you can.
- Ask for help and support. Tell your family and friends about your goals for this year. Ask them for help. They may give you more ideas on how you can accomplish your goals. Their love and support will give you strength to not give up.
And the most important thing, have faith that you deserve only good things and you can achieve anything you want. 2023 is a new year to be happy every day and start to have the life you deserve, the life of your dreams. Dreams come true when you believe and make them happen.
Happy New Year to everyone and God bless you!